Making a difficult time easier
Coming to terms with the loss of a loved one is difficult enough. Therefore, at Vanmark Estate Planning, we aim to provide a service that will make the administration of an estate as stress free as possible. Our team of professionals, with over 40 years of experience between them, can smoothly guide you through the most complex or simplest of estates.
What is Probate?
- It’s a legal document that is submitted when a person dies.
- Probate is needed before any administration of the deceased’s estate can start.
- It can involve sorting out all claims, distributing assets left in the Will and making sure all legal and financial affairs are in order.
How could I benefit from this service?
- Dealing with estate administration has many duties and responsibilities.
- It can be a huge burden on a person who is already enduring great emotional distress after losing a loved one.
- Probate can be a complicated process, and it’s very important that it is completed accurately.
We’re here to make things as simple as possible during a very emotional and difficult time.
Why Vanmark Probate Service?
With a sympathetic approach, our experts can help your relatives through all the legal, financial, tax, estate and communication duties.
- Drafting, preparing and submitting the probate papers.
- Establishing and managing any Trusts created by the Will.
- Identifying joint assets, or any life or minority interests
- Collecting all assets.
- Obtaining formal valuations.
- Arranging sales and closing accounts.
- Ensuring all liabilities are paid from the estate.
- Preparing estate accounts and obtaining approval.
- Distributing the proceeds of the estate.
- Contacting financial, governmental bodies and interested parties.
- Obtaining details of all estate assets and liabilities.
- Placing Trustee Act Notices.
- Preparing income, inheritance and capital gains tax forms.
- Calculating and paying what’s owed.
- Obtaining clearance from HM Revenue and Customs.
Inhertacne tax Planning
Many people consider inheritance tax would not apply to them however, with property prices increasing and forming the principal asset of most estates understanding how inheritance works and what legitimate steps can be taken to mitigate or reduce tax charges payable on death is very important. As part of our service, inheritance tax will be considered when discussing and ultimately drafting your Will. Our experts will fully consider potential tax liabilities and provide the guidance you may need.
Just to say thank you - Simon came round this afternoon to sort out the LPA for my mum. What a nice chap - he made it all very easy and we’re both very happy.
Very professional, excellent results.
Considerate and reasonably priced. Very highly recommended.